Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday Update

The surgeon called this morning, as promised. Kelsey's temperature is now 103.1. We're going up instead of down. This is very upsetting to me, moreso than you will ever know.

They changed his initial IV port in case that was the cause, so I guess time will tell.

On the upside, he's holding down water and he's not appearing to have any leakage from the intestinal repair, which is good. He is going to start to eat a ID (intestinal diet) food today at around 2:00, so again, time will tell.

I'm starting to feel like I'm going to lose my mind over this. All I do is cry and feel sick to my stomach. I just want him home again so that I can touch him and smell his fur and look into those beautiful blue eyes. I miss him so much.

Please continue to pray, and again thank you all so much for all of the prayers already made.
Cody

16 comments:

The Army of Four said...

Sending prayers for Kelsey and Siber-hugs to you!!!
Love from all of us (and our mom),
Amber

Anonymous said...

((((Cody))))
We are still sending STRONG prayers from GA.
Hugs and love,
Sitka (and mom, Shelli)

The Brat Pack said...

Sending prayers for you all. I can't imagine what you're going through.

Maryann
(the Brat Pack's Mom)

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Lots of love from Missouri for Kelsey and you too human.

Deanna said...

We're sending boxer healing vibes for Kelsey. Poor little baby. Hang in there.

Lisa said...

Though my kitties are not so sure they like doggies, we all hope your Kelsey gets better real soon and we'll be saying prayers for him!

IndyPindy said...

I am so very sorry. Trust me, we all have a very good idea of how terribly difficult and upsetting this is for you.

In case it helps, this web page lists organizations that will help owners with high vet bills:
http://www.gimpydogs.com/gimpystuff/helporgs.html

Our prayers will continue for Smokey and your family.

Indy and family

Charlie said...

I know this is so hard! We really really hope that Kelsey gets better soon!
- Charlie's mom

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Sending seven sets of prayers from me and my sibs. (I'll even get the evil sissie to do it)..sounds horribly scarey! Get well soon Kelsey!

Love
M-the-V

Ferndoggle said...

Oh goodness...reading this made my heart hurt. I am so sorry Kelsey is going through this & we are sending healing thoughts & doggie prayers from Pittsburgh.

Ferndoggle & The Dogs

MaPaw said...

Prayers and big, fuzzy hugs from everyone at MaPaw.
-Magnum

Unknown said...

ei.. i`m verdi and living in madrid spain.
i know about kelsey are sick for pitaesgrrl, and i`m goint to give kelsey a big hug and all me love for him.
gets better soon! kelsey... please...

Anonymous said...

All the best and a big hug to you and your baby. I hope he'll be home soon, safe and in good health.

Hang in there!

The Brat Pack said...

Checking back in, hopefully you've gotten some better news today.

Maryann & The Brat Pack

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

How's Kelsey today? We really hope he's doing better.

Steve and Kat

wally said...

Hi--

We're keeping all our paws crossed for Kelsey and family.

Wally.