Monday, March 12, 2007

Still getting there...

Last check of temp was 101.4. It was 102.5 four hours previous and I was able to go visit with my Kelsey. I would like to think that I helped bring it down.

The vet had to give a medication to stimulate the intestines because after eating his "intestinal diet" he vomited after 5 hours.

He is shaved and I told him that the other huskies were going to call him a poodle. HA!

He looks so much better and made sure to slather my face with Kelsey kisses (oh how much I have missed that).

I spent about an hour with him today, but he's still at the hospital. Until he keeps food down, he can't come home.

Smokey smelled him on me though and finally ate and seemed to cheer up.

Home soon? I sure hope so.

I'll get some pics of him and post them soon.

Thank you all again!
Cody

8 comments:

Charlie said...

That sounds like a very promising sign that the fever is down!! :)
- Charlie

Luckie Girl said...

Get well soon Kelsey. We will keep you in our thoughts.

Ben & Darling said...

get well soon ya, Kelsey.

The Brat Pack said...

Thanks for updating...on the way to work today I kept thinking I needed to check first thing to see how Kelsey was. :) It sounds promising and hopefully will just keep getting better.

Hugs,
Maryann & The Brat Pack

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Hurray! We're glad to hear the Kelsey is doing better. We were worried since there was no news when we check the blog yesterday!

Steve & Kat

Ferndoggle said...

We've got three sets of paws crossed that Kelsey will be home soon!! What a great St. Patty's day present that would be!!

Ferndoggle & The Dogs

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

A much better sign that his fever is down and we are sure seeing you helped alot! We know he misses you and, now that he has seen you, he is feeling better too. We will keep sending dachsie prayers and Mom is sending human prayers. We keep hoping the next entry tells us he is home again!

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Oscar's mummy and daddy said...

I will be praying for a speedy recovery for Kelsey. I guess this is why mum gets really mad at me when I eat stupid stuff. I won't doit again after reading this.

Licks
Oscar x