Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Not good news.

The results are in. It's called malignant nerve sheath cancer. It's stage 2 (there is 1, 2, or 3). Dr. Teter told me that it's a fairly aggressive tumor and that usually once removed, they tend to come back.

She said we have options. We can do nothing and just let him live out what time he has left or we can choose to do surgery. Before making any decisions though, we have to go in for a chest x-ray to see if it's spread already. If it has, we can't really do anything. If it hasn't we can go for a consult with the K State surgeon here in Omaha.

Either way, it's not good. She's not even sure if the tumor can safely be removed because it's so close to his spinal cord.

So, not such good news. I will know more tonight after the chest x-ray. I wanted the answer so bad, and now that it's the answer I didn't want, I would rather not have it. I'm numb and I'm scared. I just want him to be ok, but I know that his time is limited with this ugly disease so I'm going to spoil him rotten and kiss and hug him more than ever.

Cody

11 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We are so sorry to see your news...

I wrote Holly's mom last night and she had just talked with you...

Please know we are all here for you...

Paws khrossed for good xray news...

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra and Phyll

Teddy Westlife said...

Hi pups. My name is Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat. Khyra sent me over. I will purr very very hard for Kelsey, and for all of you.

Huffle Mawson

The Army of Four said...

Prayers being sent up for him from here. Cody, if you come down here for treatment at KState, please let me know; I'm minutes away from the hospital and would be happy to help any way I can. (Jan has all my contact info.)
Karen, mom of the Ao4

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read of this news. Stay brave and strong. Think positive thoughts.
Hugs,
Sitka

D'Azul Siberian said...

We'll keep all the paws here crossed.

D'Azul, Where Siberians Rule

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

We're so sorry to hear about this. We know you'll do the right thing for Kelsey and enjoy the time you have left, however long it may be.

Steve, Kat, and family

Thor said...

Hi Cody, my name is Thor and I'm a friend of Khyra's. She told me about you, and I wanted to come and offer my family's sympathy and support. Sibe vibes going out to all of you that things improve!

Woos,
Thor

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

So sorry to hear that the report wasn't what we wanted to hear. It sounds similar to Phantom's tumor, we had his removed but it also will come back. But it is not the same kind of cancer.

We hope there is a way that something can be done to make things better and give him some quality time with you.

Hugs,the OP Pack

Lacy said...

w00fs, grrr, ifeel bad, i been checking reader for updates, buttt i havent put u in ther yet...had been getting here by way of the news thingy...i am soo sorry with the results..y cant we git rid of cancer...me will keep me paws crossed fur u...and mama will keep u in her prayers..

b safe and git well,
~rocky~

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

We want you guys to know we're all here for you....we'll be thinking about you and ur mom and keeping you in our prayers...

You're not alone...you have the whole blogosphere right behind ya!!!!

Hooge amounts of love and terrier zen....

Scruffy, Lacie, Stanny and Mumsie

Biloxi and Siber-sibs said...

Lots and lots of sibe vibes being sent from our pack. Keepin' da paws crossed too!

Husky kisses,
Bilox