Wednesday, July 29, 2009

GOOD NEWS!!!!

We went in for the x-rays and there was a suspicious spot. Dr. Teter said they could have a radiologist read the pics for a final say on whether or not it was another tumor. She said we would know by tomorrow.

Well, turns out the radiologist is on the West coast and at about 8:45 Dr Teter called with the news. The shadow she saw was NOT a tumor!!!!!!!!!!! I was crying hysterically at this revelation. I think this is the first breath I've taken in almost a week. What this means is that we can move forward with the surgery consults and while he may be missing a tail, he'll still live for many more years and will be able to receive sweet kisses of love from me.

I have cried so many tears of fear and hate towards this ugly disease and now we have a chance at a happy ending. I know we're not done with our battle, but at least we now have the upper hand. UNLESS the surgeons say they can't do the procedure, we can look forward to happier days. Oh, if they say that they can't do it, we'll find someone who says that they can.


I would like to thank all of you for your support during this chaos. Janice, you don't even know how much I lean on you for support. Your dedication to this furbaby and your continual friendship and care has meant the world to me. I hope you know that you are loved by both Kelsey and myself more than anything. You are my rock and I am so glad to have met you and for the bond that we have had because of our fluffy white boy. I know you love him as much as I do and I take comfort in the fact that you've remained in his life all these years.

To all of our friends in the blog, THANK YOU for your prayers and warm wishes. We look forward to the many blogs that we can share with you and we will update you as this progresses until he is healthy and cancer free.

All of our love to you all,

Cody and Kelsey

10 comments:

Lacy said...

w00fs, finally sum good news...

b safe,
~rocky~

Khady Lynn said...

You are very welcome! There is no way I could NOT be there for him, or for you! I'm so happy his xrays were clear! Now, we just have to hope the surgery can go forward. One battle at a time, with lots of prayers still coming!

Jan

Raising Addie said...

We are very happy that the x-rays came back good for you both.

We will be praying for Kelsey and all our paws will be crossed as well.

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie, Lucie, and Hailey

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

This was pawesome to see to start my day!

Hugz&khysses,
Khyra

D.K. Wall said...

So glad to hear some good news, but we are keeping ours paws crossed for more and more positive news!

Princess Patches said...

We soooooo hope the surgery can be done and that the nasty tumor NEVER comes back! We will keep all twelve paws crossed and send lots of Aire-zen for you, Kelsey!

Aire-hugs,
Poppy, Penny & Patches

Ruby and Penny said...

We are so glad that your xrays are clear. We hope the surgury can go ahead as planned and Kelsey will be cancer free. We're praying for you.
Hugs from 2 little doxies.
Love Ruby & Penny

Anonymous said...

Excellent news! Hope the surgery goes as planned :)
Hugs,
Sitka

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That is wonderful news. Now on to the future. We will keep you both in our prayers and thoughts that things continue to go well.

Hugs, the OP Pack

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

We are very happy to hear that the cancer hasn't spread! WOO HOO!

Steve and Kat