Thursday, March 08, 2007

Pics I promised

Ok, here are some pics of Kelsey post surgery. The top one is with the tubes and iv still going. He was making small swallows, which were good signs.

This is his incision. He obviously will be very sore after coming to.



This is what NOT TO EAT. While leather tastes good, please don't eat it. Your humans will have to endure the same stress and tears that I have. If only Kelsey knew what I've gone through.


UPDATE: I went and saw Kelsey after work tonight. He jumped out of his kennel at me and licked my face (the vet tech told me it would take two people to get him out - HA!) We went outside to try to pee (he keeps having to be catheratized) and instead of using the "facilities" he burrowed his head in a snow drift which he obviously missed.

After I left, he threw up again. I think it was just too much too soon. Tomorrow will be moist food, so we'll see.

I will keep you all posted on his progress.

Hugs and drool from Smokey and love and thanks from his family.

Cody

10 comments:

Khady Lynn said...

I am so happy Kelsey is doing better! Snow always makes a Husky feel better.

Well, that and mommy kisses too!!

Kisses from me and all of us (and mom too!)

Holly

Shmoo said...

Kelsey!

Destroy, don't swallow! I know the tasty strap and shoestring were too hard to resist, but I can't be having HULA members stuck in the hospital all the time.

Get well my friend, get well soon!

Meeshka

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Meeshka told us about Kelsey. We are sending dachsie prayers for all of you so Kelsey will come home happy and healthy. We used to get rope chews but Mom read that they can do things like this so she took them away. We weren't happy about it but now we see that maybe she was looking out for us. Kelsey is lucky to have such good humans.

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

Sparky said...

Kelsey, what a tough time you've had! Like Shmoo said, "Destroy, don't swallow." Feel better.

The Army of Four said...

Prayers continuing from our little corner of the blogosphere!
Play bows,
Zim

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Yikes ! Please get better soon Kelsey :-( We are all praying for you here at dogswithblogs.

Love
Opy

Liberty Doo Dah said...

So happy that Kelsey is doing well after his surgery! Lots of Airezen coming your way and no more eatin' purses for you!!
AireZEN!
Liberty

Shmoo said...

I just read Holly's update.

Get well soon, be strong, you have a lot of people who love you pulling for you and passing on their strength to you.

Meeshka

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelsey- the picture your Woo-man took of you is just like the mental image my mommy has from when I was a pup.

I ate 2lbs of pea gravel when I weighed 14lbs myself.

Charlie said...

Kelsey, we're all wooo-ing for you!
- Charlie